Sunday, October 15, 2006

My father > Aleksey Vayner

So, whilst logging into my email today, I noticed an interesting link. The title read simply "This man is outrageous." or something close to that. Being a particularly outrageous (at times) person myself, I decided to see what the hype was about.

Apparently a young man who is currently a student at Yale University (senior perhaps?) recently filmed a video to accompany is curriculum vitae that he is sending to various Wall Street investment banking firms. I thought to myself, Wall Street + investment banking firms = my friend Spencer from Georgetown, but while this guy looks a little like Spence, just skinnier and more douchey, he really puts himself over the top.

The video CV is approximately 7 minutes long and detail his own personal views on success and how success can be described as a distinctly mental experience. His idea is, if you will it to be, believe in your own success, and take your "A game" with you wherever you go, you will never fail, and victory will be yours in all arenas of life.

My very own father has told me these things many times over during the past 27 years of my life and I am thankful for his pushing. My father, however, managed to convince me of the possibility of success without including a 600lb bench press section, a detailed showing of his poor frontcourt tennis play, and the coup de grace, a clip where he breaks about 8 wimpy red bricks while wearing Pony(r) tennis shoes from about 15 years ago.

Enjoy at your whimsy, and make sure to pass this ridiculousness on.

(insert upside down exclamation point here) VIVA EL YOUTUBE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCBwa-uzU5U

3 Comments:

Blogger Bitter Beard Face said...

That video is outrageous. Little do you know, your dad was actually practicing his 500 lb. clean and jerk for a "be there" demonstration when he threw is back out the first time.

In an unrelated story, my friend David Mungin, who goes to UC, sent me this email yesterday:

"Someone stole the radio out of my car....again. It wasn't even a CD player. It's probably worth $8. The funny part of this story is when I was calling in the police report some black guy in a 2007 honda civic drove by me in the parking lot. It was funny because he was driving on 3 wheels and 1 hub (no wheel or tire present). He drove about 50 feet stopped, got out and walked away into the woods. The car is still sitting there.

Clifton living is colorful at times."


I thought you might enjoy that.

7:46 AM  
Blogger Brent said...

"Be there for me!!!!!"

10:49 PM  
Blogger Bitter Beard Face said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERL1Qt1J-wo

It speaks for itself.

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home